Here at ProShots, we are proud to have two onsite gunsmiths available. Our gunsmiths are certified and have plenty of experience to help you with many different needs. You may be wondering what exactly a gunsmith does, and if so, you’ve come to the right place. Becoming a gunsmith requires specialized training and school. Gunsmiths are skilled tradespeople who have to have extensive knowledge about the design and mechanics of many different types of guns. It is also not unusual for gunsmiths to specialize in a specific type of weaponry.
Here are some of the tasks gunsmiths must be able to complete proficiently:
- Completely assemble and disassemble a variety of firearms
- Complete regular maintenance, like cleaning and lubricating firearm parts as well as inspecting them for safety before continued use
- Maintain metal components of firearms by removing corrosion and maintain wooden components of firearms by repairing and refinishing them
- Repair damage or remove dents from firearms
- Fitting and replacing gun barrels, correcting headspaces, replacing fire mechanisms, modifying pull weights of gun triggers
As you can see, it is a complex job with many components and elements. Once you think about how many different types of guns there are, including pistols, hunting rifles, military rifles, shotguns and others, you will be even more impressed by these skilled tradespeople. They also have to know all the applicable local and federal laws that involve firearms. If you need assistance with your guns, come see our gunsmiths today.