Here at ProShots, we love helping people find their guns, practice with them, and learn more about how to use these weapons. A gun range is a great place to practice and make perfect the use of your guns. If you are going to a gun range, there are certain rules that are important to follow to have a good experience. Whether you are new to gun ranges or not, here are a few things you should keep in mind before you head out.
- Always listen to the range instructor. The range instructor is there to ensure that everyone is safe and has a good time. Your range instructor is going to tell you when to shoot, when to stop and other important instructions. Your safety is in their hands, listen to them.
- Never bring a loaded gun. You will have plenty of time to load your gun before you start shooting. Bringing a loaded gun to the range is not a good way to save time, please don’t do this.
- Don’t interrupt other people-unless it’s for safety. When someone is shooting a moving or still target, this is not the time to ask them for advice or compliment their weapon. Well-meaning as you might be, this can break concentration and be dangerous.
- Know the rules of the range. Each range has some rules that vary a little from range to range. Be sure to read carefully and follow the rules for which weapons to use, things required, age limits, etc.
- Let the instructors instruct. If you have practiced and are comfortable with your skills, you might be tempted to correct someone’s form or methods next to you. Unless they are putting someone in danger, keep quiet and let the instructors do the instructing.
Do you have any questions about visiting a gun range? We would love to hear them! Please get in touch with us today.