Are you considering taking CCH classes (concealed carry handgun)? Wanting to be able to safely protect yourself is an important responsibility and requires some extra knowledge of how to work and when to use a handgun. Here at ProShots, we help people often with their CCH classes and would love to help answer any questions you might have about the process. Here are a few things that we hear often before CCH classes.
- What type of ID do I need? You’ll need a current and up-to-date driver’s license. If the license address is different than your current address, you’ll need to provide extra documentation.
- Will there be a test? Yes, there are both shooting tests and a written test.
- Do I need to own a gun? No, you do not need to own a gun in order to take the class. Handguns and ammunitions are both provided to the students of CCH classes. Students are also given some time to practice their skills at the shooting range before the shooting portion of the test.
- How long is the class? CCH classes are a minimum of 8 hours long. Many classes will also include a lunch break in that time.
- I have no experience with a gun- can I still take the class? Yes, of course! Depending on your comfort level with guns, you might want to take a gun safety course beforehand, but this is not required before starting CCH classes.
To learn more about CCH classes, please give us a call here at ProShots today! We would be happy to answer any questions you might have.