If you’re looking for your first firearm, it may be intimidating when trying to pick one out. There are several different firearms to consider that all have different purposes. Here’s a breakdown of each type of firearm and its purpose to help you determine which one is right for you.
- Handguns – Handguns are designed to be held in your hands and don’t require being shouldered like a rifle. If you are looking for something small and compact that you could conceal carry and use for target practice, a handgun is right for you. There are two types of handguns to consider:
- Pistols – A pistol is a semi-automatic weapon where the chamber is lined up with the bores of the firearm.
- Revolver – A revolver has a chamber that is bored into a cylinder that rotates to align with the barrel.
- Rifles – A rifle is a gun that is meant to be held with both hands and shouldered for support and to embrace impact. A rifle has a long barrel and can generally hold higher calibration. Rifles are typically used for hunting and target practice.
- Shotguns – Shotguns are similar to rifles as in they are meant to be used with two hands and shouldered. Shotguns are typically used for duck hunting and target practice using clay pigeons. Shotguns are great guns to have if you are looking for a recreational gun.
We hope this guide has helped you determine which firearm is right for you. If you have any questions regarding firearms and which one if right for you, please contact us at ProShots today!