Hunting is a popular pastime in North Carolina, but it comes with a lot of responsibility as well. Before hunting, you must obtain a hunting license, and to do that, you must pass an official NC Hunter Safety Course. While this course is available online, taking the course from a live instructor has many benefits. You can get your questions answered right away. You can practice many of the fundamental skills that are key to hunting success.
The NC Hunter Safety Couse covers many different basic hunting topics, including these:
- Firearm safety rules: Being a good hunter is as much about being safe with your firearm as anything else.
- Firearm and ammunition basics: Learn about the different types of firearms that can be used for hunting and different kinds of ammunition.
- Basic shooting skills: These include marksmanship and accuracy and cover different types of guns including rifles, shotguns and handguns.
- Basic hunting skills: From preparing for a hunting trip to successful hunting strategies, the goal is to make you a safer, more successful hunter.
- Safe hunting practices: These best practices will help keep you and everyone else safe.
- Hunting ethics: Some people hunt for recreation and some hunt to provide meat for their families.
- Survival skills: Hunting can put you into survival situations, from extreme weather events to dangerous animals.
- Wildlife information: Learn more about the wildlife you are hunting and other animals you may encounter while hunting.
This class is offered at many local gun facilities. It is even taught by local game wardens right here at the ProShots facility on occasion. For more information or to find out if we have a class scheduled in the near future, feel free to contact us.