It is estimated that there are more than 68 million people in the United States who are actively concerned with being prepared for emergency situations, such as economic woes, failure of the power grid, or a major natural disaster. Such individuals often stock up on firearms and ammunition so they can be equipped to weather an emergency, but one thing that many do not do is get sufficient firearm training. Here at ProShots, we offer quality firearm training so you can gain the expertise that can make the difference. Here are some important reasons why preppers should get firearm training.
- Conserve Ammunition- In an emergency, you may not be able to head to your local gun shop or other ammunition provider to restock, so every shot will count. The more proficient you are with your firearm, the less ammunition you will use.
- Instill Confidence- It is one thing to calmly shoot at a target. It is quite another to hunt for food that is a moving target when you are stressed by the need to feed your family. With firearm training and practice, your responses will be more automatic, and when the adrenaline hits, you could still function with confidence and accuracy.
- Improve Accuracy- Repeated use of an indoor gun range improves accuracy, and firearm training helps overcome any issues you might be having. In an emergency, accuracy can mean make a big difference.
- Meet People with the Same Interests- The first rule of survival in a disaster situation is to work together. Going it alone is a bad idea, and it is far better to team up with like-minded people than to face others who haven’t prepared at all and are just looking to you to protect and feed them.
- Proficient in Multiple Weapons- The more firearm training you do with as many different weapons as possible, the better prepared you will be. While you first must become proficient with the firearms you own, you may find yourself needing to use other weapons should yours become damaged, stolen, or lost.
- You Can’t Get TOO Good- When it comes to defending yourself or hunting for food, you cannot be too good with your firearms, so continually take firearm training to keep your skills sharp and improve over time.