Many gun repairs and general servicing requirements are easily diagnosed and priced over the counter by our gunsmiths in Winston-Salem.
“All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.” -Daniel Boone
None of those things should go very long without a little TLC! That’s why we have two on-site gunsmiths at ProShots to help you inspect, upgrade, and maintain your firearms. (As for the horse and wife, you are on your own.)
Firearms brought into ProShots for gunsmith service should ALWAYS:
- Be unloaded
- Have actions open (showing clear)
- Have safeties on (if applicable)
- Be carried within a case, holstered, or kept pointed in a safe direction
If live ammunition is stuck/jammed in a firearm, within the magazine chamber or otherwise, follow the guidelines listed in the above section, and be sure to inform our gunsmith immediately!
Our gunsmiths offer many services, including:
- Repair/General Service- Many gun repairs and general servicing requirements are easily diagnosed and priced over the counter by our gunsmiths, while others may require time to be disassembled, inspected, and test fired. Our “Gunsmithing Book” outlines our common services and pricing guides, but these in no way define the limitations of the services we provide. Listed prices are set as guidelines and may vary under certain circumstances, and we will inform you if this is the case.
- Estimates- If you are like us, the idea of someone charging an hourly rate and guessing how much time it will take (as most gunsmiths do) is less than desirable. That’s why your gunsmith will provide you an exact out-the-door quote that includes parts and labor before you decide whether to give us your business. Most work orders can be priced over the counter; however, we do attach a $20 minimum bench fee to all work orders that are left with us for an estimate to cover inbound and outbound paperwork, as well as time spent on performing diagnostics, looking up parts, etc.
- Repair/General Services Wait Time- An ETA (estimated time of arrival) will be given with the cost estimate for our services. This time may vary due to a backlog of pre-existing work orders, and sometimes service requests may be delayed because of manufacturer availability of required parts for repair. We will do everything we can to communicate with you about your service request as needed.
- Accommodation for Accelerated Work Orders- We can make accommodations for firearms that are required for occupational use, defensive applications, or scheduled events such as competitions or hunting trips. Just let us know what you need, and we will do our best to make it work for you!
Want to know how to get started? Just bring in your firearm, fill out a ticket, and let us run a copy of your ID to attach to your work order. It’s that easy!
Give us a call at ProShots or stop by our shooting range and retail store in Winston-Salem, North Carolina to learn more about our services and training courses. We’ve got everything you need!