“All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.” -Daniel Boone
None of those things should go very long without a little TLC! That’s why we have two on-site gunsmiths at ProShots to help you inspect, upgrade, and maintain your firearms.
(As for the horse and wife, you are on your own.)
Firearms brought into ProShots for gunsmithing service should ALWAYS:
- Be unloaded
- Have actions open (showing clear)
- Have safeties on (if applicable)
- Be carried within a case, holstered, or kept pointed in a safe direction
If live ammunition is stuck/jammed in a firearm, within the magazine chamber or otherwise, follow the guidelines listed in the above section, and be sure to inform our gunsmith immediately!
Our gunsmiths offer many services including but not limited to:
- Repair/General Service- Many gun repairs and general service request are easily diagnosed and priced over the counter by our gunsmiths, while others may require time to be disassembled, inspected, and test fired. Our “Gunsmithing Book” outlines our common services and pricing guides, but in no way defines the limitations of the services we provide. Listed prices are set as guidelines, and may vary under certain circumstances.
- Estimates- If you are like us, the idea of someone charging an hourly rate and guessing how much time it will take (as most gunsmiths do) is less than desirable. That’s why your gunsmith will provide you an exact out-the-door quote that includes parts and labor before you decide whether to give us your business. Most work orders can be priced over the counter; however, we do attach a $45 minimum bench fee to all work orders that are left with us for an estimate to cover inbound and outbound paperwork, as well as time spent on performing diagnostics, looking up parts, etc.
- Repair/General Services Wait Time- An ETA will be given with the cost estimate for our services. This time may vary due to a backlog of pre-existing work orders. Service requests may also be delayed due to availability of required parts for repair.
- Accommodation for Accelerated Work Orders- We can make accommodations for firearms that are required for occupational use, defensive applications, or scheduled events such as competitions or hunting trips. Just let us know what you need, and we will do our best to make it work for you.
For more information on our gunsmithing service and price guide,
You can also call us at (336)969-4867 or email your question directly to our gunsmith at – email@example.com
How do you get started? Just bring in your firearm, fill out a ticket, and let us run a copy of your ID to attach to your work order. It’s that easy!