Here are a few of the questions folks frequently ask us. We’ll do our best here to answer them, but if you have further questions please contact us by phone or just stop by the range.
- Can a non citizen/non permanent resident shoot at the range?
- I have a fear of guns. How can I overcome it?
- How can my Law Enforcement department use your range?
- Do you allow private bookings
- Do you allow rifles?
- How about bottleneck caliber pistols?
- What are your hours?
- Where are you located?
- How old do I have to be to shoot?
- Can I share a lane?
- Can I shoot just for the day?
- How much for a pass to the range?
- Will you have any competitions?
- Do you sell ammunition?
- Can a felon shoot at the range?
- Isn’t shooting dangerous?
Brush up on your shooting skills
Can a non citizen/non permanent resident shoot at the range?
-Unfortunately the ATF will not permit us to allow any non citizen/non permanent residents to use the range, or even handle firearms in our facility.
I have a fear of guns. How can I overcome it?
-Sadly this is not uncommon, but we have amazing instructors that can help you through it. Like a fear of dogs, chainsaws, or knives, brought on from television, movies, stories, or personal trauma, so too can a fear of firearms be established. Maybe someone let you shoot a gun that was way too big for you, or you or a friend personally experienced a gun-related trauma. Call us or come see us and tell us your story. We are happy to say that we have helped a good number people overcome this fear, and some of our favorite regulars are a result.
Can my Law Enforcement department use your range?
-Certainly. Just have a decision maker from your agency contact us, and we’ll work out the details and schedule.
Do you allow private bookings?
-Sure! The cost is $30 a head, and that gets you.
- Free range pass
- $5 rentals
- Free targets
- A range safety officer
- A safety briefing
If you want the place to yourself, we offer it Monday-Saturday outside of our normal business hours. We do require a non refundable payment of 10 shooters to staff the booking.
If you just need a 2-3 lanes we can do that Mon-Fri, but still require payment of 10 shooters to staff, and reserve the lanes.
Do you allow rifles?
-Yes. In fact, the range is built to handle anything under 50BMG.
How about bottleneck caliber pistols?
-Yep, we allow those, too.
What are your hours?
-Currently, Monday thru Saturday, 9am-8pm, but keep in mind the range closes at 6 on Wed-Thur to host our many classes and events.
Where are you located?
-Closer than you think. View our Location & Hours.
How old do I have to be to shoot?
-We do not allow minors under 12 to operate a firearm in our range. Anyone under 21 shooting a firearm must be accompanied by an adult 21 years or older.
Can I share a lane?
-Sure, as long as all safety rules are observed, and only one person shoots at a time.
Will you have any competitions?
-Yes, we already have and will continue to. Keep an eye on our calendar for dates and times.
Do you sell ammunition?
-Absolutely, and lots of it.
Can a felon shoot at the range?
–NO. It is unlawful for a felon to poses or operate a firearm without reinstatement of rights, or expungement of offence. To do so is highly illegal.
Is shooting dangerous?
-Anything can be dangerous if you aren’t careful, but if you follow protocol, you are more likely to be seriously injured driving to the range. Here are four things to always remember when around firearms.
- Treat all firearms as loaded, until you have personally inspected the firearm.
- Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction. (down range)
- Always keep your finger off the trigger and trigger guard until your sights are on the target and you are ready to shoot.
- Be sure of your target and what is around and beyond it. At ProShots, we have many instructors who can teach you the proper way to handle a firearm. Just as you would not drive a car without proper training, you should not handle firearms without proper training.
We’re here to help.
Contact us and we’ll answer your question as soon as possible, or call at (336)969-4867